1. Be registered as a Varsity Scout and have earned the Varsity Scout
2. While a Varsity Scout advance one rank toward Eagle, or earn an Eagle Palm.
3. Hold a Varsity Scout leadership position.
4a. While a Varsity Scout serve as a leader of an activity in two of the five fields of emphasis.
4b. While a Varsity Scout participate in an activity in the remaining three fields of emphasis.
5. Satisfy to the team captain that you know the Varsity Scout Pledge.
6. Complete a team board of review with a district/council representative.
Source: page A-19 in the new Varsity Scout Guidebook.